Pagina's

Friday, 5 September 2014

Fresh pasta

Hello!

I love to cook and especially the Italian kitchen has my interest. So today, I have a little recipe on how to make fresh pasta for you: step by step (I do not claim to be an amazing cook, but this is just how I do it :) ).

What you will need for one person:
  • 90 to 100 grams pasta flour ('oo' flour or just regular flour will do)
  • 1 egg
  • Mixing bowl
  • Fork
  • Salt
  • Pasta sauce of your choice

Step 1: Weigh in about 90 grams of special pasta flour (you can use just regular flour, but I've noticed that using special pasta 'oo' flour gives a smoother dough).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 2: Make of little hole in the center of the flour, and crack in one egg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 3: Gradually start incorporating the flour in the egg with a fork.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 4: It will look like a complete mess at this point, but no worries (be happy :) ). No, seriously it will be okay. Just dump everything on the counter and gently start kneeding the dough until it forms a smooth ball that resembles something like playdough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 5: Cover the ball of dough with plastic wrap and leave it to rest at room temperature for around 20 to 30 minutes. Then split the dough in two pieces, covering the second piece again with plastic wrap and take the other piece to use in the pasta machine (or rolling pin/ wine bottle).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 6: After rolling out all of the pasta dough up to the thinnest setting, the dough can be shaped in anything you like! I choose to cut it in short rectangles. After cutting, the pasta needs to dry for about 20 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 7: Than the pasta can be cooked in boiling salted water for around 3 to 4 minutes (just taste as you go along ;) ). Drain and serve with the pasta sauce of your choice! I used my homemade bolognese sauce this time (if you'd like a recipe for that, let me know!).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love,

Roos

No comments:

Post a Comment