Pagina's

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Pressure

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hello!
Well, I think you could say that I’ve been on quite a lot of pressure the last few months. Finishing my thesis has been very time consuming and stressful, but next to that, the stress of figuring out what I want with my life has been putting even more pressure on me.

After obtaining my Bachelors degree of the University of Applied Science in Animal Husbandry I doubted whether or not to proceed to the University to obtain my Masters degree. The prospect of work seemed so good at the time, having money, getting to live on my own and just start a real grown up life. Now, after almost finishing my Masters degree two years later, I’m really anxious of the prospect of starting a real job.

I’m that crazy person that really enjoys going to school since I was little. I hated being ill and missing school and even now, at the age of 23, I still do not really want to stop going to school. Maybe it is the unknown in the work world, or maybe the fact that there is not really a plan set out, but I find it really sad that my study time is coming to an end.

Back to choosing a career, Animal Sciences does not really give you a clear function description of the job you are going to get after graduating. It is not like veterinary medicine, where you know you are going to be a vet. I can be an advisor, a researcher, a sales representative, hell yeah, I can be an astronaut. Oke, that last thing maybe is a little farfetched, but what I want to make clear is that you can be anything you want. But that is the problem, I don’t know what I want. I know I like teaching people new things, guiding people, but I also start to like research more and more. I don’t like a lot of responsibility and having people getting angry at me.

Having had a couple of job interviews now, for different positions, within different companies, I now know that the type of company is almost equally important as the position itself. However, I’m still looking and figuring out what I want.

Do you find it hard to find that thing that is right for YOU? Who am I?

Love,

Roos

No comments:

Post a Comment